Listed in Ferret Shelters – England/United Kingdom
- East Sussex, UK
- 01903 521681
- Gem Ferret Care Group
Gem Ferret Care Group was created because some of the then existing ferret organisations were not putting ferrets first – hence our motto: Ferrets First and Foremost.
Our group has several objectives:
- to educate the public about ferrets in general;
- to give displays and demonstrations at shows etc.;
- to re-unite lost ferrets with their owners,
- to put people in touch with ferret-friendly vets,
- to provide the use of vasectomised hobs,
- to offer boarding for ferrets when their owners are away on a space available basis; and,
- to supply information and recommend further reading about ferret care.
We do not discriminate between pet, show and working ferrets – most of our ferrets were all three – and we often put people with working ferrets in touch with people who had a rabbit problem, or have found ferrets for people who wanted them as pets. We help each other by sourcing and sharing ferret food and accoutrements, often at discounted prices. Most importantly, we want to enjoy our ferrets and help other people enjoy theirs. Gem Ferret Care Group has members in Sussex, Surrey and Kent.
– Our Aims are:
- to promote the good care of ferrets, both working and pets
- to raise awareness of these marvellous animals
- to attend events with well behaved and healthy ferrets
As part of this members of the club also
- care for lost, ill and mistreated ferrets
- re-home these animals when fit and well
Gem Ferret Care Group members are available to give talks and advice about ferrets, to introduce members of the public to ferrets, to attend shows and events by providing a display of ferrets and information. If you feel we could add something to your event, provide a different speaker for your group, a challenge to budding photographers or you are just plain curious to meet a ferret – please contact us
Yours won’t be the strangest request we will have had!