Listed in Texas
- United States
FriskyBiznus Ferret Sanctuary
FriskyBiznus Ferret Sanctuary is a very small ferret hospice located in the northwest suburbs of Houston, TX. We stay small so that each ferret gets the attention and love they deserve — and plenty of run time out of da cage!
Frisky- (/ ‘friske/) : playful and full of energy
Biznus (‘ biznis/) : 1. an activity 2. a group of ferrets
Sanctuary – ( /’saNG(k)CHoo,ere/): a place of refuge or safety
Our sanctuary provides a forever home for those ferrets that are considered unadoptable: ill and aging ferrets, handicapped ferrets and ferrets with severe behavioral issues. We are different from a typical rescue or shelter in that we DO NOT take in young, healthy ferrets and adopt them out to forever homes. We DO work closely with other area rescues and can offer referral for adoptable ferrets that need to be surrendered.
All of our ferrets are vaccinated for rabies and distemper. We ADV test and provide a monthly heartworm and flea preventative. Medical, therapeutic and nutritional needs are met for every resident, and we only offer quality ferret food and treats. Socialization and emotional needs are met through lots of fun and cuddling!
Yes! We have a wish list! Take a look and let us know if you can help! Monetary gifts are also accepted and appreciated! All gifts help with vet and medication costs, as well as the costs of food and supplies.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- You can donate directly to our sanctuary via PayPal. Enter my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donations directly to one of our vets is appreciated. See vet information below.
- We are now listed with Support Our shelters (SOS). If you would prefer your donation be tax-deductible you may donate to us through SOS. Just go to their website, http://supportourshelters.org/ and make your donation to them, along with a notation that the gift is for FBFS.
- Interested in sponsoring a Frisky? Please check out our photo gallery and meet them! Simply make a note in your PayPal donation who your gift is for. You will receive a special note of thanks and a special “suitable for framing” 5×7 photo of your sponsored Frisky!
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE A PRIVATELY FUNDED NON-PROFIT SANCTUARY. Friskybiznus is listed with Support Our Shelters (SOS) and are members of the American Ferret Association (AFA).
Thank you from the tops of our ears to the tips of our tails!!
Susan Baker, Owner/Director and Alpha and….
OUR WISH LIST:
- Donations to our account with either of our vets:
- Dr. Dori Hertel, Loop 494 Animal Hospital, 22326 Loop 494, Kingwood, TX 77339, 281-358-8893;
- Dr. Wendy Dearixon, Vickery Place Animal Hospital, 2720 North Henderson Dr., Dallas, TX 75206, 214-252-0800
- Ferret food — Natural Instinct Turkey and Duck, Totally Ferret (Active and Turkey, Lamb and Venison), Shepherd and Greene, Marshalls, Zupreem Regular)
- Ferretone and Salmon Oil
- Bandit treats
- Glucose Moniter Sticks (AlphaTrak 2 — the purple one)
- Puppy Pads
- Paper Towels (white)
- Disinfecting wipes
- Baby wipes
- Baby food (turkey or chicken – Gerber)
- Ferret ear cleaner
- Gift cards to Walmart, Drs. Foster and Smith, Ferret.com or Amazon
Send Message to listing owner
FriskyBiznus Ferret Sanctuary