Listed in Texas
- United States
FriskyBiznus Ferret Sanctuary
FriskyBiznus Ferret Sanctuary is a very small ferret hospice located in the northwest suburbs of Houston, TX. We stay small so that each ferret gets the attention and love they deserve — and plenty of run time out of da cage!
Frisky- (/ ‘friske/) : playful and full of energy
Biznus (‘ biznis/) : 1. an activity 2. a group of ferrets
Sanctuary – ( /’saNG(k)CHoo,ere/): a place of refuge or safety
Our sanctuary provides a forever home for those ferrets that are considered unadoptable: ill and aging ferrets, handicapped ferrets and ferrets with severe behavioral issues. We are different from a typical rescue or shelter in that we do not usually take in young, healthy ferrets and adopt them out to forever homes. We can offer referral for adoptable ferrets that need to be surrendered.
All of our ferrets are vaccinated for rabies and distemper. We ADV and heartworm test and provide a monthly heartworm and flea preventative. Medical, therapeutic and nutritional needs are met for every resident, and we only offer quality ferret food and treats. Socialization and emotional needs are met through lots of fun and cuddling!
Yes! We have a wish list! Take a look and let us know if you can help! Monetary gifts are also accepted and appreciated! All gifts help with vet and medication costs, as well as the costs of food and supplies.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Monetary gifts can be sent directly to our sanctuary via PayPal. Enter my email address: email@example.com
- Monetary gifts can be sent directly our vet and is appreciated. See vet information below.
- We are now listed with Support Our shelters (SOS). If you would prefer your donation be tax-deductible you may donate to us through SOS. Just go to their website, http://supportourshelters.org/ and make your donation to them, along with a notation that the gift is for FriskyBiznus Ferret Sanctuary. Please let us know if you make a donation through S.OS.
- Interested in sponsoring a Friskie? Please check out our photo gallery and meet them! Simply make a note in your PayPal donation who your gift is for. We would be very grateful for your special gift!
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE A PRIVATELY FUNDED NOT-FOR-PROFIT SANCTUARY. FriskyBiznus is listed with Support Our Shelters (SOS).
Thank you from the tops of our ears to the tips of our tails!!
Susan Baker, Owner/Director and Alpha and….
OUR WISH LIST:
- Donations to our account with our vet is appreciated:
- Dr. Dori Hertel, Loop 494 Animal Hospital, 22326 Loop 494, Kingwood, TX 77339, 281-358-8893
- Ferret food — Instinct Turkey and Duck, Instinct Chicken, Totally Ferret (Active and Turkey, Lamb and Venison), Marshalls, Zupreem (Regular), Orijen Cat and Kitten, Stella and Chewy’s Freeze-Dried Raw Chicken
- Ferretone and Salmon Oil
- Bandit treats
- Glucose Moniter Sticks (AlphaTrak 2 — the purple one)
- Puppy Pads
- Paper Towels (white)
- Disinfecting wipes
- Baby wipes
- Baby food (turkey or chicken – Gerber)
- Ferret ear cleaner
- Gift cards to Walmart, Ferret.com or Amazon