Listed in Ontario
- Ottawa, Ontario
- Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa
Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area
The Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area (FRSO) became a registered Ontario Not For Profit Corporation in January of 2002. We do not receive any government grants and rely solely on donations and money gathered from membership dues, adoptions, product sales and fundraising events.
We are the only animal rescue group in the Ottawa / Gatineau area that aids ferrets in need. Over the last two years we have seen our mandate expand to cover wider and wider geographic portions of Ontario previously served by other shelters. Ferrets that are brought to the Humane Society of Ottawa are transferred to us for special care; we also receive “unadoptable ferrets from Gatineau and Montreal SPCAs.
- To take care of unwanted, abandoned and abused ferrets;
- To rehabilitate ferrets and give them the medical attention they require;
- To find suitable homes for all ferrets who are healthy enough to be adopted into new families;
- To provide a safe and healthy environment for the ferrets whose lives are no longer meant to be in a family environment. These ferrets will become long-term residents of the shelter, or will go to special homes.
- We, the members of the shelter, believe that all ferrets deserve fair treatment and the best quality of life possible.
- No ferret should be killed due to human negligence or irresponsibility. Any act of cruelty towards any animal is unacceptable.
- All ferrets deserve to receive the best medical attention available to them as required.
- We believe in having a NO-KILL policy. The only exception would be if it were medically impossible to treat or heal a ferret that is suffering.
Send Message to listing owner
Listing Title: Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa and Area